The Create Better Health (SNAP-Ed) Online Course is a free 8-lesson course that will help you learn how to eat well and be active on a budget! The course was developed by the Utah State University Extension Create Better Health (SNAP-Ed) program based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans, MyPlate, and the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. The lessons include a nutrition topic, food resource management skills, physical activity discussions, and quick, healthy recipes. Videos, interactive polls, handouts and recipes are used to keep you engaged and excited to keep learning. The topics you will learn about include:
- How to make healthy choices from all 5 MyPlate food groups.
- Meal planning and grocery shopping tips to stretch your food dollar.
- How to use foods you already have in your kitchen to create healthy meals.
- Using the nutrition facts label to make informed food choices.
- Food safety tips and tricks.
- Healthy eating patterns for all budgets.
- How to overcome barriers to being physically active.