In this course, you will learn about respiratory hazards in agriculture and how to reduce your exposure to these hazards.
When you have completed this module (approximately 1 hour), you should be able to understand:
- The respiratory system
- Respiratory hazards in agriculture
- Respiratory diseases that can result from agricultural exposures
- How to reduce your exposure to respiratory hazards
- The most common types of respirators used in agriculture
- Which type of respirator to use
- The importance of respirator fit testing, user seal checks, and maintenance
- Why the right respirator with the right fit is important
High Plains Intermountain Center for Agricultural Health & Safety provided funding for this project. This course was developed collaboratively with North Carolina Agromedicine and the Ag Health and Safety Alliance.
CEU Currently Approved by Utah Only
You will receive 1 CEU credit in the Safety category. The course will take approximately 1 hour.
Please take a couple of minutes to complete our survey. It is anonymous, and your input is greatly valued.