What is Included: This course includes all the educational materials required by UDAF to add the Agriculture – Plant Category to a Pesticide Applicator License. You should only take this course if you either 1) have an existing license or 2) just completed the educational materials and exams to pass the certification requirements for a pesticide license. If you do not have a license, or if you haven’t passed the original core and category exams, then you should NOT take this course.
Who Needs This Course: Applicators using pesticides on seeds should add this category to their license.
After Completion of Educational Materials: Once you have completed all the educational materials, schedule an appointment with the nearest testing center to take your exam with a proctor. Your test score will be transferred to UDAF once you have passed the exam and completed the Course Completion form found inside the course (form is only available after passing the exam with 25/35 or better). The proctor will have you access this course to take the exam.
Additional Categories: Commercial and Non-commercial applicators are required to be certified for additional categories based on the application site and the type of work they perform.
Questions: For technical support, contact the Support Hotline at (877) 428-4389. Mention that you are calling about a USU Extension Catalog course. You can also contact USU Extension Help Desk at ExtensionHelpDesk@usu.edu or (435) 797-8459 during regular business hours.
- Category Materials Only – Only take this course if you have a license or if you just passed the initial licensing course.
- You will need your own, personal email to register. We can not accept one business email for multiple registrants.
- Cost: $15
- Certification Exam Included
- Language: English
- Access: Two-month access
- Testing Locations: Link to Local Testing Centers
- Pay to add a Category: UDAF’s webpage
- Course Type: Self-paced
- Course Media: PDF Reading material, Certification exam