This class will integrate managerial and socio-ecological aspects to understand the relationship between sustainability and marketing in the twenty-first century. Key concepts of marketing and marketing mix decisions will be reviewed to provide students with the skills and capability to develop marketing strategies and comprehensive communication campaigns for sustainable products and services. It is expected upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Increase your factual knowledge and experience with key principles of sustainability marketing and corporate social responsibility (terminology, classifications)
- Discuss the fundamental principles and generalizations of sustainability marketing theories in their broader social and economic context
- Identify consumer behavior and responses to the sustainability agenda.
- Reflect on sustainable forms of consumption and evaluate why consumers do and do not engage in sustainable behaviors
- Understand the components of a successful marketing strategy for sustainable products.